- Approve the agenda with the following changes: The date is changed from Oct 23rd to Oct. 30th.
The meeting will be called to the order, beginning with the pledge of allegiance.
The Governing Board met on Tuesday August 28th, 2018 @6:30 PM for what was scheduled to be a 1 hours and 59 minutes long meeting. Present: Janelle Wilhite, Harry Stern, Brian Woods, Chris Estes, Wanda McKay, Roberta Walker
Not Present: Matthew Goodison-Orr, Suzette Arnold
The members considered the following items:
1. Welcome and Call to Order
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of Minutes from Jul 24, 2018
4. Meeting Protocol
5. Head of School Report
6. AVC Presentation
7. Report from Finance Committee
8. Report from Academic Committee
9. Public Comment
10. Other Business
The committee considered 12 motions, of which 11 passed, and 0 failed:
1. Approve the agenda as submitted (proposed)
2. Agenda approved as presented (passed)
3. Approve the minutes as submitted (passed)
4. Approve the report as presented (passed)
5. Motion to approve the lawn care contract with Fleming Lawn Care Service in the amount of $1,250 per cut. The lawn will be serviced twice monthly. (passed)
6. Motion to approve the FY19 budget in the amount of $5,953,279 to include items presented in the Budget Change Proposal. (passed)
7. Motion to approve the website contract from Education Network in the amount of $4,500 (passed)
8. Accept the report of the finance committee as presented (passed)
9. Motion to approve the purchase of 30 MAC computers for the cost of $35,000. (passed)
10. Motion to approve the purchase of Middlebury Interactive Languages Spanish curriculum for the cost of $4,999 (passed)
11. Motion to approve the purchase of Learning.Com technology curriculum. The will range from $5,000 to $7,500 depending upon the number of students served (passed)
12. Motion to accept the committee report as presented (passed)
The meeting adjourned at 8:16 PM
The school leader reports on the status of the school.
Our Public Comment period is for members of the public to address the board. Each member of the public may sign up to comment at the meeting, and will be allotted two minutes. The board will listen, but may not directly respond to any comments. Our meetings are open to the public and public record. As such, if your comment is about a private matter, please contact the board via email, or speak to the board chair privately.